HIV AIDS Medicine
What are HIV and AIDs?
HIV stands for human immunodeficiency virus. This is a virus in the group of viruses called retroviruses. HIV destroys cells in the body called CD4 T cells. CD4 T cells are a type of white blood cell (lymphocyte). These are important cells that protect the body against various bacteria, viruses and other germs. HIV actually multiplies within CD4 cells. HIV cannot be destroyed by white blood cells, as it keeps on changing its outer coat, so protecting it.
AIDS stands for acquired immunodeficiency syndrome. This is a term which covers the range of infections and illnesses which can result from a weakened immune system caused by HIV.
Common ( TOP 10 HIV Medications worldwide )
Your doctor will consider your other health conditions, ease of taking the regimen of HIV drugs, and drug side effects and interactions when deciding on the best treatment for you. It is possible to transmit a drug-resistant virus. Your doctor will find out whether you have a wild-type virus (naturally occurring virus) or a drug-resistant one (mutated virus).
Here are 10 commonly prescribed HIV drugs:
1. Atripla (efavirenz + tenofovir + emtricitabine) combines an NNRTI and two NRTIs into one medication. The usual dose is once daily on an empty stomach—one hour before or two hours after a meal. Dizziness, diarrhea and tiredness are common side effects. Serious, life-threatening side effects are also possible, such as liver problems and a buildup of lactic acid in the blood.
2. Complera (rilpivirine + tenofovir + emtricitabine) combines an NNRTI and two NRTIs. The usual dose is once daily with a meal. Strange dreams, trouble sleeping, depressed mood, headache, and digestive problems are common. Serious liver problems and lactic acid buildup in the blood can occur.
3. Genvoya, Stribild (elvitegravir + cobicistat + tenofovir + emtricitabine) combines an INSTI, a pharmacokinetic booster, and two NRTIs. You usually take it once a day with food. Headache, nausea, and diarrhea are common side effects. Like Atripla and Complera, serious liver problems and lactic acid buildup in the blood are possible.
4. Isentress (raltegravir) is an INSTI you usually take twice a day. Nausea, headache, dizziness and fatigue are common side effects. Although rare, muscle breakdown leading to kidney failure may occur.
5. Norvir (ritonavir) is a PI you usually take twice daily with meals. Digestive side effects are common, as are headache and burning or tingling sensations. Norvir can also cause serious side effects and drug interactions. Tell your doctor and your pharmacist about all of your medications.
6. Prezista (darunavir) is a PI you usually take with ritonavir either once or twice a day. Ritonavir acts as a pharmacokinetic booster. Digestive problems, headache, and changes in body fat are common side effects. Severe skin reactions and liver problems are also possible.
7. Tivicay (dolutegravir) is an INSTI you take once or twice a day. Headache, fatigue, sleep problems, and changes in body fat are common side effects. Serious liver problems are also possible.
8. Triumeq (dolutegravir + abacavir + lamivudine) combines an INSTI and two NRTIs. The usual dose is once daily. Headache, fatigue, sleep problems, and changes in body fat are common side effects. It is also possible to have serious side effects, including a serious allergic reaction, liver problems, and a buildup of lactic acid in the blood.
9. Truvada (emtricitabine + tenofovir) combines two NRTIs. The usual dose is once daily. Abnormal dreams, trouble sleeping, depressed mood, headache, and dizziness are common side effects. Like other NRTI combinations, liver problems and lactic acidosis buildup in the blood is also possible.
10. Vemlidy, Viread (tenofovir) is an NRTI you usually take once a day. Digestive problems, fatigue, headache, depressed mood, sleep problems, and changes in body fat are common side effects. Like other NRTIs, serious side effects are possible, including liver problems and lactic acid buildup in the blood.
Send HIV AIDS DRUGS FROM India , USA HIV AIDS MEDICINE , Indian Generic HIV AIDs Medicine , Buy HIV Medicine From India , Send Medicine CHINA, Hongkong, Australia , UAE, UK,Singapore , Thailand , Philippines